Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankful Banner, Face Paints, and a Baby!

The other day, I found this cute idea on Pinterest to make a "thankful banner".  The kids love it and look forward to every morning when they get to add something they are thankful for to the banner.

Here is our banner, hanging between our dining room and living room  



Remember Emma's face painting a week ago?  Well, we were at Walmart one day buying those miniature clothes pins for the banner and Emma spotted the face paints and she excitedly said, "Mommy the special paints for faces!"  I had told her we would buy some of the special paint for faces when she wanted me to repaint her Hello Kitty face with watercolors last Saturday.  She didn't forget! So we bought the face paints and I tried to replicate the Hello Kitty face.

I am not artistic at all....drawing and painting do not come natural to me, so I must say, I was kind of proud that it turned out looking somewhat like Hello Kitty.

Sammy requested Spiderman.  This was my second attempt- I watched a little tutorial on YouTube for this one.

And last but not least, I am pregnant!  How was that for creatively announcing? I'm 16 weeks pregnant today.  We are so thankful that God has given us another baby!

6 comments:

  1. Those faces look professional! Emery said he wants a spiderman too. I love the banner! And even cuter...what they are thankful for! You have inspired me to try to make one now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And that necklace looks so cute on Emma. We are all more than excited for baby #3!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Yay for a new baby! So excited for the two of you. Oh, and the face painting really does look professional. You should go into business :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Courtney! I hope you and your family are doing well!

    ReplyDelete